FOFC Werewolf Forum for Out of Game Players

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FOFC Werewolf Forum for Out of Game Players

Title explains all

+4
hoopsguy
daddytorgo
britrock88
Admin
8 posters

Ghostbusters

Admin
    Admin

Ghostbusters Empty Ghostbusters

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Here lies the speculation thread for the Ghostbusters game.
    britrock88

Ghostbusters Empty Re: Ghostbusters

Post by britrock88 Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm

It's the last 2 seers, both of whom were on the block on D1, that get caught in another D1 situation, natch... Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:30 pm

britrock88 wrote:It's the last 2 seers, both of whom were on the block on D1, that get caught in another D1 situation, natch... Smile

lol
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 pm

I curse the wolves that killed you brit, and force me to work harder at the vote totals.
    daddytorgo

Post by daddytorgo Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Least with brit being NK'd my loss isn't quite as bad...
    daddytorgo

Post by daddytorgo Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 pm

I think the read of there being a wolf or two in the lathum/cw/mau trio is pretty strong, especially with that post of cw's that is basically like "if you assume lathum/mau and i are villagers" which is a total wolf-play to try to establish a de facto CoT without any real clearing...
    britrock88

Post by britrock88 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 am

daddytorgo wrote:Least with brit being NK'd my loss isn't quite as bad...

True, in the sense that the "conversion" was toast in any case. Us being around long enough for you to find me (I would have revealed if you had revealed) might have made them spend a little more time getting past our proton packs, but alas.

Little did I expect to be a N1 NK candidate after my performance as seer, though. And I didn't give any indication as to who I was in the thread -- if they picked up on something, it was a false positive.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 am

Actually, one of the unlisted role rules in this game is that if Ray had died before Peter, Peter could take over Ray's search for Winston. Of course that went out the door when Winston also died. There are a few other little unlisted tidbits as well, as per the rules:

Roles: (Note that all roles may not be present. Some few minor roles may be present in the game that aren't listed here. While some basic role abilities are provided, there may be other role abilities that are not listed.)
    britrock88

Post by britrock88 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 am

As I thought about it, I began to wonder if Ray and Winston had a lovers-type condition where I would be the automatic NK if Ray were lynched, or vice versa. Given that rule, though, that's obviously not the case. Thanks for enlightening us, JAG.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 pm

My pleasure. Any further thoughts on candidates with the added information of today's voting / unvoting / posting to go on?
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Hmm, not as much conversation here as I would have expected.

Do folks want to know who Venkman is?

My pet theory now - Narc as seer, based on him suggesting in thread today not to pursue people who voted for me. For better or worse, that colored my actions in terms of voting today. Along with wanting to maintain a proper amount of distance from Venkman ...
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:18 pm

I think bhlloy is also a wolf. I agree with Hoops Narc as seer read. I was thinking he might be and scanned me since he usually is less trusting of me if I am still alive on day 3.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Danny wrote:I think bhlloy is also a wolf. I agree with Hoops Narc as seer read. I was thinking he might be and scanned me since he usually is less trusting of me if I am still alive on day 3.

Was also a post from him on D2 saying "if Danny or Hoops isn't the NK I tend to suspect them." JAG confirmed I was the scan N2 just now (in-game PM after death), which makes me very glad I came out right away with last night on reveal and kept him from potentially revealing in thread.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 pm

FWIW, the wolves suspected you were the seer Danny, which is why you got off'ed as the brutal (as well as conditional night kill if a proton pack defense had occurred).

Happy to answer questions on mechanics or other stuff if you want. Would prefer not to spoil who the wolves are though.
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Admin wrote:FWIW, the wolves suspected you were the seer Danny, which is why you got off'ed as the brutal (as well as conditional night kill if a proton pack defense had occurred).

Happy to answer questions on mechanics or other stuff if you want. Would prefer not to spoil who the wolves are though.

I don't need seer scans to know who the wolves are Wink.
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 pm

And FWIW, I hate being seer because I am targeted early so often. I usually try and act a little off and get some votes early on as seer to help prevent being night killed.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:36 pm

So how does the Gatekeeper/Keymaster stuff work?
    - do the players think they are vanilla to start or do they know roles?
    - do they get converted if targeted for NK, or is there a separate seek action for the wolves?
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Was there a proton pack block or conversion N2?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Danny wrote:
    Admin wrote:FWIW, the wolves suspected you were the seer Danny, which is why you got off'ed as the brutal (as well as conditional night kill if a proton pack defense had occurred).

I don't need seer scans to know who the wolves are Wink.

Yeah, I didn't see what they did, but I have a good vantage point too.
    PackerFanatic

Post by PackerFanatic Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Conversion N2.

Man, I love being a baddie, but I play it SO terribly. I guess I like that I was the brutal so I could take someone down with me...but whenever I am in a pinch as a baddie, I freeze up, lol.

It doesn't help that I don't do nearly as much vote tracking when a baddie (even though I really should). I guess it's good I am hardly ever a wolf, lol.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm

hoopsguy wrote:So how does the Gatekeeper/Keymaster stuff work?
    - do the players think they are vanilla to start or do they know roles?
    - do they get converted if targeted for NK, or is there a separate seek action for the wolves?

They think they are vanilla, just like the movie.

There is a separate scan. There is an unlisted rule that there cannot be a conversion and night kill in the same night, which is why their N2 kill failed.
    PackerFanatic

Post by PackerFanatic Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 pm

I won't spoil the other wolves either yet...but if Narc is the seer, we are going to kick ourselves. We had him on the block last night, but due to the conversion, we didn't get the NK obviously. After the posts and such by Danny, we had a feeling he was the seer. We also wanted hoops gone simply to lower the possibility of a decent COT. We shall see if that pans out.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 pm

PackerFanatic wrote:I won't spoil the other wolves either yet...but if Narc is the seer, we are going to kick ourselves. We had him on the block last night, but due to the conversion, we didn't get the NK obviously. After the posts and such by Danny, we had a feeling he was the seer. We also wanted hoops gone simply to lower the possibility of a decent COT. We shall see if that pans out.

If you COT-whacked me then I have to believe you converted murra5y last night.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 pm

PackerFanatic wrote:I won't spoil the other wolves either yet...but if Narc is the seer, we are going to kick ourselves. We had him on the block last night, but due to the conversion, we didn't get the NK obviously. After the posts and such by Danny, we had a feeling he was the seer. We also wanted hoops gone simply to lower the possibility of a decent COT. We shall see if that pans out.

For what it is worth, I counted as a ghost originally but after sliming Venkman I counted as villager. So you weren't spiting your own team numbers by taking me down.

Still a little surprised you did it, although knowing that the conversion was separate (priority) scan makes a little more sense.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Did you get one or two scans per night for Gatekeeper/Keymaster?
    Want to share who you scanned that was not one of those roles?
    PackerFanatic

Post by PackerFanatic Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Three starting wolves - myself, and the terror dogs. They were the ones with a scan each, however they could only technically scan for one each (so one of them is looking specifically for GK, one for KM).

murra5y, Lathum, Narcizo, CW, Zinto, and Autumn were the scans for all 3 nights. And yes, we hit on one of them Smile
    britrock88

Post by britrock88 Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:34 am

hoopsguy wrote:Hmm, not as much conversation here as I would have expected.

Sorry, it's a busy RL week -- too much so to contribute much in the way of speculation after going down on N1. That's Katy's out-of-thread excuse, too (we're coworkers). Have enjoyed reading along, though.

One thought comes to mind, though, and PF can probably speak to it -- why was I (of all people) the N1 kill? I felt like I had a terrible game last time out (with no prior experience as a seer, I tried to get clever by scanning for less-than-obvious types, but didn't come up with anything). Did you all pick up on something in the thread?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:05 am

PackerFanatic wrote:Conversion N2.

Man, I love being a baddie, but I play it SO terribly. I guess I like that I was the brutal so I could take someone down with me...but whenever I am in a pinch as a baddie, I freeze up, lol.

It doesn't help that I don't do nearly as much vote tracking when a baddie (even though I really should). I guess it's good I am hardly ever a wolf, lol.

One thing I thought you did a good job of behind the scenes was organizing stuff.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:10 am

britrock88 wrote:
    hoopsguy wrote:Hmm, not as much conversation here as I would have expected.

Sorry, it's a busy RL week -- too much so to contribute much in the way of speculation after going down on N1. That's Katy's out-of-thread excuse, too (we're coworkers). Have enjoyed reading along, though.

One thought comes to mind, though, and PF can probably speak to it -- why was I (of all people) the N1 kill? I felt like I had a terrible game last time out (with no prior experience as a seer, I tried to get clever by scanning for less-than-obvious types, but didn't come up with anything). Did you all pick up on something in the thread?

I believe PF was the first person to mention you as an NK possibility and the others agreed to it without argument. I don't recall the reasoning offhand though.

You didn't do a bad job as seer by the way. In the group you were looking at (people in the house), I was the only wolf you could've scanned unless you got lucky and scanned the person that got converted each night.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 am

hoopsguy wrote:Did you get one or two scans per night for Gatekeeper/Keymaster?
    Want to share who you scanned that was not one of those roles?

PF didn't quote it exactly correctly. The terror dogs did not start out with specific scans (either can initially find either GK/KM), but when one is found, the TD that found them loses their conversion scan for the other. However, the KM (who was converted) can help look for the GK now (they pick up a scan), though if found they will need an extra night to have the other TD convert them.
    PackerFanatic

Post by PackerFanatic Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:47 am

Oooh - I misunderstood that part then. I must have gotten it confused with the role that the GK/KM took on when they came aboard. That makes more sense Smile

And brit - there was really no real reason...we didn't want to go after somehow who had any heat and we figured we would just take a shot and see what happened...we ended up a lot luckier than we could have hoped for (even though the only GB that could convert you had gotten lynched)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 am

By the way, the seer had a conditional scan N2 in the event that hoops was lynched. The player that was the conditional scan was The Keymaster and the scan would've been post-conversion. So the result for that lynch was a happy one for hoops' victory condition but a sad one for the village.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:50 am

I think it's interesting there's been some postulating about the converted wolves being lone wolves. That's not actually the case, but I did think about doing that originally, though with the converts knowing who found them.
    PackerFanatic

Post by PackerFanatic Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:53 am

That would have been an interesting mechanic...I like how this way instead Smile
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 am

So did the seer scan Danny N1 and me N2?
    Feel like sharing who his scan was N3?
    Also, update your thread title to D4 Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 am

hoopsguy wrote:So did the seer scan Danny N1 and me N2?
    Feel like sharing who his scan was N3?
    Also, update your thread title to D4 Smile

Wow, I've been pretty sloppy keeping up with that post. I think it wasn't until partway through D3 I remembered to put Coffee in green on the sign up sheet too. Thanks for the reminder.

If I reveal the scan info now, it might peel away too much of the onion. Let me see how the day goes and I will probably share it in the afternoon.

Anything else I can answer?
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:55 am

Interesting, so that makes me feel like our seer got one last night and is slow-rolling a wolf in the thread Smile

OK, so what else am I curious about ...
    Well, I'm definitely interested in who is the cultist. I haven't given it a ton of thought (I would have made a better Peck than Slimer, seriously!) but maybe it is time to start wrapping my head around it a bit. Thinking as I'm typing this message, I think fontisian might make a good person for that role.
    britrock88

Post by britrock88 Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm

PackerFanatic wrote:Oooh - I misunderstood that part then. I must have gotten it confused with the role that the GK/KM took on when they came aboard. That makes more sense Smile

And brit - there was really no real reason...we didn't want to go after somehow who had any heat and we figured we would just take a shot and see what happened...we ended up a lot luckier than we could have hoped for (even though the only GB that could convert you had gotten lynched)

Heh. It was the first time I hadn't gotten D1 attention in 3 games, and I had been a wolf and a seer in the previous 2 games. So I thought I was going to be able to play a game on the offensive for once... Mad

(Great collection of smilies here, JAG.)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 pm

No cultist to start the game. I felt like with two potential converts, that could be a bit too steep a climb if the wolves got both and also having a brutal kill in hand.

On the other side of the coin though, had the village gotten off to a great start with a wolf lynch on D1 or D2 and the wolves had not gotten a conversion D1 or D2, the resulting public battle to catch the ghost / terror dog would have stirred up the local EPA branch and Peck would've been dispatched to look into the situation (in which case a pre-selected vanilla villager, if still alive, would take on the Peck role). I liked that as a bit of a balancing mechanism because there was a lot of uncertainty to me as to how the game would go with some of the random elements in the game (would the wolves successfully NK a Ghostbuster or would it get blocked? Would they unknowingly push for one of their potential converts to get lynched one day?)

The thing I thought was humorous was that the pre-selected villager was Danny, who would've been cultist for the third straight game had that happened.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 pm

So my impression is that the wolves are having a good day with the Zinto/Katy tie.
    I understand the logic on Katy as inactive, but those players also get left around by wolves because they are not a threat. Sucks having to try and discern that stuff in mid-game ... that is why I tend to vote for them earlier in games.

As far as Zinto, I guess I got the impression that he was introduced as a patsy candidate yesterday when I was far more nervous about PF/bhlloy. I'm not sure if bhlloy is wolf/villager, but I definitely felt Zinto was villager before and I still lean that way.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Do you have anyone you're feeling as a wolf at the moment?
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Fontisian is a wolf
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:15 pm

That might be your shortest analysis ever. For sure taking the fewest posts. Smile
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:18 pm

lol, the 3rd starting wolf I will go with Mauchow
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 pm

But not as sure about that one
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Pass just seems generally disinterested. Typically that is more villager pass, but I could be wrong there.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Well, lets start doing process of elimination:
    Not Chubby - can't see him this combative as a wolf
    Not thinking Zinto, reasons listed earlier
    Not thinking Katy, reasons listed earlier
    Not thinking Narc, reasons listed earlier (think he is seer)

mauchow, Pass, font, bhlloy, murra5y, Lathum, Autumn

I know Venkman and I know convert.

So I'll say that with those names on I'll sub Pass for font, but not very high confidence in those. I think I've got a pretty narrow group of suspects, but would think chances of missing on my first pick are probably 50%.

Mau, Pass, font in that order. Separation behind them.
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 pm

I dont think it is Mau and Pass because Pass put vote #2 on Mau on day 2
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Well, I think that was a mistake to take out murra5y - will turn attention in directions they probably don't want to go at this point. I'm surprised it wasn't Narc that was bumped off.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 pm

An unfortunate result for the village for multiple reasons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am